Random assembler errors after update mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.35.2-1

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:17:03 GMT 2021

On 01.02.2021 10:25, Michael Soegtrop via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> I have some evidence that this update leads to random assembler errors.
> I have 3 CI failures (out of 5 runs) since the update in an open source
> project I maintain. The failure is always an error from the MinGW 64
> assembler and the errors are random - that is if I rerun the same CI
> test the error went away in one of one tested case and in the failing
> cases the error happened compiling different files.

it can be a race that the current package is just exposing

> I haven't seen anything like this before the update.
>
> Here are links to one failing and one good case:
>
> Fail run package version:
> https://github.com/coq/platform/runs/1803203762?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:164
>

> Fail run error message:
> https://github.com/coq/platform/runs/1803203762?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:1664

    513	File "kernel/nativelib.ml", line 1:
    514	Error: Assembler error, input left in file
C:\cygwin_coq_platform\tmp\camlasm6b4377.s
    515	make[1]: *** [Makefile.build:768: kernel/nativelib.cmx] Error 2
    516	make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/runneradmin/.opam/_coq-platform_.master/.opam-switch/build/coqide.dev'

a copy of the assembler file and original source could give some hint