Cygwin GDB won't start or hangs at startup

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:00:53 GMT 2021

On 05.02.2021 16:18, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 10:07:46 +0100
> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>

>> it is like the file descriptor of outputs are misaligned,
>> and I see two more of them
>>
>> Maybe Takashi or Jon can provide hints on the matter.
>
> I looked into this problem and found this issue causes if iconv
> cannot be found in the search path.
>
> Installing libiconv package should solve the issue, I guess.
>
> It seems that the GDB package should set a dependency on libiconv.

Hi Takashi,

it makes sense. Comparing the two straces I see that is looking
for iconv and of course it finds iconv only if the directory is
in my PATH

This also explain whay it was so difficult to replicate
as many of us have libiconv installed anyway.

Thanks
Marco