[ANNOUNCEMENT] TeX Live collections 20210118-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Feb 6 15:18:07 GMT 2021

On 2/6/2021 9:03 AM, airplanemath via Cygwin wrote:
> texlive-collection-latexrecommended contains
> "/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ragged2e/ragged2e.sty".
> On line 145, this file uses everysel.sty, which appears to have
> been dropped from the 2021 rebuild:
>
> $ cygcheck -p everysel.sty
> Found 5 matches for everysel.sty
> texlive-collection-langjapanese-20190509-1 - texlive-collection-langjapanese: TeX Live japanese language support
> texlive-collection-langjapanese-20200406-1 - texlive-collection-langjapanese: TeX Live japanese language support
> texlive-collection-langjapanese-20210118-1 - texlive-collection-langjapanese: TeX Live japanese language support
> texlive-collection-latexrecommended-20190509-1 - texlive-collection-latexrecommended: TeX Live latexrecommended package collection
> texlive-collection-latexrecommended-20200406-1 - texlive-collection-latexrecommended: TeX Live latexrecommended package collection
>
> One of my LaTeX files uses ragged2e, and broke.  Running "tlmgr
> --usermode install everysel" fixed the problem and allowed ragged2e to
> finish loading.
>
> Was this intentional?  Am I missing something?

everysel is obsolete:

   https://ctan.org/pkg/everysel?lang=en

It looks like the ragged2e maintainer removed the dependency on everysel just
yesterday and is preparing an upload to CTAN:

   https://gitlab.com/TeXhackse/ragged2e

I'll try to remember to update texlive-collection-latexrecommended when the new
ragged2e makes it into TeX Live.

[Note to self: This is why it's a bad idea to update the TeX Live collections
between the official annual releases.]

Ken