Cygwin.com address down

Wayne Davison wayne@opencoder.net
Sat Jan 2 19:52:15 GMT 2021

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 11:44 AM Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> Hi, I have the same problem - cygwin.org works for me, but cygwin.com
> doesn't, although tester sites suggest cygwin.com is indeed up.

Since this looks to be some kind of DNS resolving issue for various
people, you can try to work around it by changing your DNS server
settings to use something like 8.8.8.8 and/or 1.1.1.1, which resolve
the names correctly.  Or, for someone just trying to get an install
done, a simple tweak of your /etc/hosts file to define the domains as
having IP 8.43.85.97 will work as a short-term fix.

..wayne..