Fortran Installation

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:11:52 GMT 2021

On 03.01.2021 17:44, Lou Umscheid via Cygwin wrote:
> I would like to install Fortran on newly installed Cygwin64 on my new LG
> laptop. I did this 9+ years ago for Cygwin32 on my Dell T1600 which is
> now fading. The process 9 years ago was long and hard over several weeks
> with many fallbacks and redo's. I am competent in Fortran programming
> but have only a minimum knowledge of Linux/Unix. Can anyone point me to
> a guide (I searched but could not find any) to installing Fortran,
> including which files to download, PATH, alias changes, etc. I know it
> is a lot to ask, but ANY help would be appreciated.
>
> Lou

$ cygcheck -p bin/gfortran
Found 8 matches for bin/gfortran
gcc-fortran-10.2.0-1 - gcc-fortran: GNU Compiler Collection (Fortran)
gcc-fortran-7.4.0-1 - gcc-fortran: GNU Compiler Collection (Fortran)
gcc-fortran-9.3.0-1 - gcc-fortran: GNU Compiler Collection (Fortran)
gcc-fortran-9.3.0-2 - gcc-fortran: GNU Compiler Collection (Fortran)

Install the gcc-fortran package.

Fortran compile was always there

$ cygcheck -l gcc-fortran | grep "usr/bin"
/usr/bin/f95
/usr/bin/gfortran.exe
/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-cygwin-gfortran.exe