Need admin privs before something can inherit them (was Re: ssh-host-config doesn't "inherit" user admin privilege)

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Fri Jan 15 02:04:33 GMT 2021

On 2021/01/14 17:21, art wrote:
> I get a security code 5 when ssh-host-config tries to install cygsshd. I was logged into Win 10 pro/x64 as an admin user. The "fix" was to start a Cygwin64 Terminal with Admin and then run ssh-host-config within this script.
You say ssh-host-config tries to install cygsshd.  How was ssh-host-config
called (started)?  When Cygwin64 Terminal was run, it was run with Admin
at the start.  Was that done when ssh-host-config was run?

How was it run?

unrelated...:
> Veni, vidi, vectori! @1976, 2021

---