Aw: Re: Re: Re: Recompilation problems opencv (python3-cv2 --> python3.8)

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Fri Jan 15 10:49:06 GMT 2021

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin writes:
> I see this as first error
>
> /pub/devel/opencv/opencv-3.4.1-3.x86_64/src/opencv-3.4.1/modules/python/src2/cv2.cpp:889:34:
> error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
> it seems the compilers is less tolerant than before.
> It does not seem a specific python issue.
>
> I will see to patch it and continue when I found a bit of time

What the error message is trying to tell you is that you need the
"-fpermissive" option to CXXFLAGS if you expect the code to compile
despite the mismatched types.  Whether it will succeed or just stop
someplace else remains to be seen.

The upstream package is at version 4 already, which probably needs other
patches as a quick look at Fedora seems to indicate:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/opencv/tree/master

Regards,
Achim.