ssh-host-config doesn't "inherit" user admin privilege

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Fri Jan 15 16:25:31 GMT 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 6:21 PM art wrote:

> I get a security code 5 when ssh-host-config tries to install cygsshd. I was logged into Win 10 pro/x64 as an admin user. The "fix" was to start a Cygwin64 Terminal with Admin and then run ssh-host-config within this script. Other installers have produced the same nuisance. These needed an admin command prompt to get around the same "inheritance" limitation.

Are you asking a question or reporting a problem?

It sounds like you are confusing logging on using an admin user (i.e.,
a user that's a member of the local Administrators group) with
elevation (a process that runs using full administrative privileges).

Bill