Can't open display issue from CMD

Luna Bellofiore looluna@gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 04:22:05 GMT 2021

All,

I am sending Linux commands from CMD (Windows) through SSH, and I am
getting "Can't open display".  Below I am capturing my issue, the IP number
is the remote Linux machine.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.746]
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\bellsal>\cygwin\bin\ssh 192.168.0.8 pwd
/usr/bin/xrdb: Can't open display ''
/home/bellsal

PWD should not require X11 connection, so I don't understand why I am
getting this issue.  Do I need to set an environment variable?  If I need
an xterm from my remote Linux, I know I need to export the display, and
that works fine.  But, I am only sending a simple command from the CMD
console.

Thanks in advance.

Sa;