Cygwin version control location

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Sun Jan 17 15:00:40 GMT 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 05:01, Kyle Marek wrote:
> Where are the version control repositories for packages missing from
> https://cygwin.com/git/ and https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/ like
> bash and git?

Quoting my response to someone asking a similar question back in
December (https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-December/247042.html
for the full context):

> There's no obligation or expectation that package
> maintainers make their source code available in any way other than
> through providing a source package. Some do provide a public
> repository and make it readily available, but I would not be at all
> surprised if some maintainers – particularly for packages that don't
> get many upstream updates – don't use version control at all.

For what it's worth, the Git repository is at
https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-Git; I'm vaguely planning on
mirroring it at https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/ at some point
in the future, but setting that up is fairly low on my priority list.

Adam