Terminal output disappearing after SSH into cygwin

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Thu Jan 21 13:29:48 GMT 2021

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 22:13:53 +0900
Takashi Yano via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:08:45 +0100
> Martyn B wrote:
> > Hi list!
> >
> > Usually after an ssh session, the lines in my terminal are persistant
> > after exiting the session. This is what I need.
> >
> > But at the moment when I exit an ssh session into Cygwin, the terminal
> > gets cleared and all session information is lost.
> >
> > How can I change this behavior? I need the commands and their output.
> >
> > Server: Cygwin 3.1.4-1 on Windows 10 (1909), CYGWIN cygsshd
> > Client: Ubuntu 20.04 / Gnome terminal, xterm
>
> Please update cygwin to 3.1.7.

Sorry, I might misunderstand your problem.

Does your problem happen when you exit from ssh session to cygwin?
If so, are you using ~/.bash_logout (for bash) or ~/.logout (for tcsh)?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>