Terminal output disappearing after SSH into cygwin

Martyn B mb@stefanist.com
Thu Jan 21 15:49:01 GMT 2021

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote on 21.01.21 16:13:

> very simple:
>
> ssh <your connection> |& tee /tmp/ssh.log
>

> you can also use screen logging capability
> https://stackpointer.io/unix/linux-ssh-session-logging/564/

Thanks for the suggestions. I am aware of tee and screen and might as
well even copy/paste the screen content before I terminate the connection.

Still I'd prefer to
1) understand why this happens. - Is this the Cygwin standard behavior?
2) thus hopefully learn a solution that keeps my server logins uniform
and leaves the chronology of the terminal window lines untouched

I've posted the exact output and some additional information here:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin/2021-January/247546.html