[ANNOUNCEMENT] Test: python packages

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 16:37:32 GMT 2021

On 21/01/2021 16:27, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 21.01.2021 17:18, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin wrote:
>> On 19/01/2021 21:08, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin wrote:
>>> Several python packages have been uploaded as test
>
> Hi Hamish
> please trim when replying
Sorry, will do next time.

>> Thanks for packaging pylint Marco, should be very useful.
>>
>> While things are mostly fine (I tested with 32-bit and 64-bit with
>> python36-pylint), I did notice a few things with the pylint packages:
>>
>> 1: The "pylint" package itself (the test package) doesn't install any of
>> the python3x-pylint packages - is this intentional?
>>
>> 2: There is no "pylint" or "pylint3" command available in the terminal
>> after install. Not a deal breaker as one can use "python3.x -m pylint
>> ./file.py" but being able to run "pylint(3) ./file.py" is a nice
>> convenience feature :)
>>
>> Hamish
>
> it should pull python38-pylint
>
> $ cygcheck -l python38-pylint | grep bin
> /usr/bin/pylint3.8
> /usr/bin/epylint3.8
> /usr/bin/pyreverse3.8
> /usr/bin/symilar3.8
> /usr/bin/pylint
> /usr/bin/epylint
> /usr/bin/pyreverse
> /usr/bin/symilar

Okay, just realised I was wrong about the shortcut, as I do have
/usr/bin/pylint3.6. My bad.

However, it didn't pull python38-pylint in for me. An interesting thing
just happened when I opened setup again though: it says pending
operations are to remove "pylint" and install "python38-pylint". When I
told it I wanted to keep "pylint" I got a dependency issue, see attached
screenshot.

In case it's helpful to know, I had the old "pylint" package installed
already and upgraded it to your test version.

Hamish