[ANNOUNCEMENT] Test: python packages

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:52:30 GMT 2021

On 21.01.2021 17:37, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin wrote:
> On 21/01/2021 16:27, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
>>

>> it should pull python38-pylint
>>
>> $ cygcheck -l python38-pylint | grep bin
>> /usr/bin/pylint3.8
>> /usr/bin/epylint3.8
>> /usr/bin/pyreverse3.8
>> /usr/bin/symilar3.8
>> /usr/bin/pylint
>> /usr/bin/epylint
>> /usr/bin/pyreverse
>> /usr/bin/symilar
>
> Okay, just realised I was wrong about the shortcut, as I do have
> /usr/bin/pylint3.6. My bad.
>
> However, it didn't pull python38-pylint in for me. An interesting thing
> just happened when I opened setup again though: it says pending
> operations are to remove "pylint" and install "python38-pylint". When I
> told it I wanted to keep "pylint" I got a dependency issue, see attached
> screenshot.
>
> In case it's helpful to know, I had the old "pylint" package installed
> already and upgraded it to your test version.
>
> Hamish

on the setup.ini you can see

-----------------------------------
@ python38-pylint
sdesc: "python code static checker"
[test]
version: 2.6.0-1
depends2: python38, python38-astroid, python38-isort, python38-mccabe,
python38-pytest, python38-toml

obsoletes: pylint    <<<<<<

build-depends: cygport

install one and it will remove the other, also as they have
the same content in this case

Regards
Marco