Sargasso.net mirror is gone?

Fri Jan 22 07:06:22 GMT 2021

On 2021-01-21 09:32, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 21.01.2021 17:19, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin wrote:
>>>>

>>> the process is almost automatic
>>> when a mirror is for some time out of sync, it is removed from the list
>>
>> Good to know, I will use a different mirror then.
>>
>> Hamish
>>

> the list is here:
>
> https://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
>
> "Note: We automatically poll these mirrors on a regular basis to ensure that
> mirrors have the latest Cygwin packages available. The list of mirrors below
> reflects all of the mirrors who appear to have up-to-date copies of the Cygwin
> release area."

More importantly - those not under mirrors are here:

	https://cygwin.com/mirrors-report.html

- sargasso.net had a recent cert problem for 35 hours
- it has been renewed recently
- temporary network and cert issues are often quickly cleared up
- it's helpful to contact the mirror site and let them know there's an issue, in
case they haven't noticed there's an issue with the mirror because it uses a
different cert, or is on an isolated server, subnet, or VLAN.