switching to any other than English keyboard layout is not handled correctly anymore on the prompt at minimum

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Jan 25 14:40:34 GMT 2021

Am 25.01.2021 um 15:03 schrieb Ariel Burbaickij via Cygwin:
> It says following:
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> but why would it matter in the scenario where the user switches the layout
> explicitly him-/herself?
>

> Kind Regards
> Ariel Burbaickij
Please answer below the quoted mail in this list.

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 2:29 PM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:46:48 +0100
>> Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>>> Hello Cygwin,
>>> I tried to find some files from the command line prompt which are named
>>> using various non-Latin (Russian, Hebrew, Arabic) and non-default Latin
>>> (German) layouts under Windows 10 Enterprise using recent cygwin version
>>> and the outcome is that instead of representing letters I see control
>>> characters of the type: \263\320\321  (Unicode numeric value of the
>>> letters?). Any ideas what happens here and how correct functionality can be restored?
Your information is quite sparse. How do you try to find files? What's
your command? Which shell do you use? Did it ever work before for you?