switching to any other than English keyboard layout is not handled correctly anymore on the prompt at minimum

Ariel Burbaickij ariel.burbaickij@gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:20:41 GMT 2021

For Russian and Hebrew keyboard layout I used University of Kansas EGARC
Center foreign languages keyboard layouts:
https://egarc.ku.edu/keyboards
For Arabic, the same idea but different site:
https://arabic.omaralzabir.com/
presumably all done with this Windows Keyboard Layout Creator
BUT for German language I did not use anything -- it is plain vanilla
German in Germany layout, and this is what I get upon attempt to submit
little sweet ö:
 $(__fzf_cd__)Ignoring redcarpet-3.4.0 because its extensions are not
built. Try: gem pristine redcarpet --version 3.4.0
Traceback (most recent call last):
        4: from /usr/bin/fzf:1347:in `<main>'
        3: from /usr/bin/fzf:309:in `start'
        2: from /usr/bin/fzf:1157:in `start_loop'
        1: from /usr/bin/fzf:929:in `get_input'
/usr/bin/fzf:929:in `ord': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError)
$
and I mean what I say, pressing ö immediately leads to it, no tricks, no
custom builds, no debugs enabled,  no nothing.

Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij