realpath issue with native[strict] symlinks

Jeremy Drake cygwin@jdrake.com
Tue Jun 8 00:01:44 GMT 2021

On Fri, 28 May 2021, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> > > It was that simple, surprise, surprise...
> >
> > It turns out it wasn't, after all.  This only seems to work at the root of
> > a subst-ed drive.  I just got the following error:

There was another report of someone running into an issue with this
change, though not exactly the same situation as mine:
https://github.com/msys2/msys2-runtime/issues/41#issuecomment-854913283

It seems that a mapped network drive is being 'dereferenced', confusing
eclipse trying to find source files from debug info from an arm
cross-compiler.

Unfortunately I have not heard back whether or not my patch helps this
case.