rsync password prompt doesn't capture input and shows password in clear

Marki cygwin-users@lists.roth.lu
Wed Mar 10 23:20:26 GMT 2021

Hello,

First, I showed that SSH password prompt works as expected: you can
input the password such that SSH client can process it, and it will not
be echoed to the command prompt.

You claimed that you could not reproduce!? While that was the expected
outcome for SSH. (It is working correctly)

Only then I showed that the same is not true for rsync. When I input a
password, it will get echoed and also rsync will not process it, since
standard input somehow goes elsewhere.

I am working on why rsync would behave like that on my end.

Thanks.