Building the python swig tutorial

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 15:07:47 GMT 2021

On 28.03.2021 14:22, Brad Bell wrote:
> It was unclear from my previous message that I am using the commands
> under the heading
>      Building a Python Module
> in the tutorial
>      http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html
> with the exception that python2.7 was changed to python3.8 because that
> is the version of python on my cygwin system.
>
> These commands work fine on my Fedora system (with the proper version of
> python and without any extra libraries specified).

what error ?

The Tutorial needs small adjustments for what I see:

$ swig -python -py3 example.i

$ gcc -c example.c example_wrap.c -I/usr/include/python3.8

$ gcc -shared example.o example_wrap.o -o _example.dll -lpython3.8

$ python
Python 3.8.8 (default, Mar  4 2021, 21:24:42)
[GCC 10.2.0] on cygwin
 >>> import example
 >>> example.fact(5)
120