Message [25]

Leonard Russo cfoss@fossagency.com
Mon Mar 29 16:34:58 GMT 2021

 https://bit.ly/3sz1JOO

I said goodnight again and went out, leaving him there moving his mind around with the ponderous energy of a homesteader digging up a stump.
"I'm not afraid of a little frank talk," Webber said. "I tend to kind of specialize in frank talk." I said: "These cops that picked me up were parked in front of the house where George Talley's wife lives. They were there before I got there. George Talley is the man. who used to be a private detective down here. I wanted to see him. Degarmo knows why I wanted to see him." Degarmo picked a match out of his pocket and chewed on the soft end of it quietly. He nodded, without expression. Webber didn't look at him.
"Smell the bastard's breath," Cooney said.
I looked across at Dr. Almore's house again, wondering idly if he knew Lavery and how well. He probably knew him, since theirs were the only two houses in the block. But being a doctor, he wouldn't tell me anything about him. As I looked, the curtains which had been lifted apart were now completely drawn aside.