3.3.0: Possible regression in cygwin DLL (Win10); fixed in snapshot

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Nov 5 20:08:31 GMT 2021

Hi Takashi,

On 11/5/2021 3:41 PM, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> Thanks much for the detailed steps. I could reproduce the problem.
>
> It seems that the cause is the overhaul for the pipe implementation.
> I also found the workaround for this issue. Please try:
> export CYGWIN=pipe_byte
>
> Corinna, Ken,
> What about setting pipe mode to byte by default?

I have a vague recollection that this caused some other problem, but I'll have
to review the email discussions from a few months ago.  I'm traveling at the
moment and won't get to this for a few days.

In the meantime, could you explain (probably on cygwin-developers) why message
mode causes the reported issue?  Also, does the problem occur only when there
are non-Cygwin apps involved?

Thanks.

Ken