Problem upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3.1

Nick Popoff nick@nickpopoff.net
Sun Nov 7 23:58:33 GMT 2021

In other words, the 3.3.1 ssh.exe does not accept legacy kex algorithms at
all, no matter what.  I no longer can log in to Solaris.  For example, it
DOES NOT accept the following:

C:/cygwin64/home/Nick> ssh.exe -o KexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group14-sha1
nick@host.com

Unable to negotiate with 50.248.140.9 port 22: no matching host key type
found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss

Version 3.2 had no problem with legacy algorithms.  Can somebody explain as
to what is going on here.  Is it a bug?  Or a deliberate break of
compatibility?

==================

Now I Am having severe problem with 'ssh'.  A simple login command like:

Ssh nick@....com <mailto:nick@....com>

Results in the following response:

C:/cygwin64/home/Nick> ssh host.com

Unable to negotiate with <IP> port 22: no matching key exchange method
found. Their offer:
gss-group1-sha1-toWM5Slw5Ew8Mqkay+al2g==,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,
diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

This is a fresh install of Cygwin on a clean Windows 11.  I went back to 3.2
for now as I cannot work with 3.3.1.

Nick