3.3.0: Possible regression in cygwin DLL (Win10); fixed in snapshot

Brian Koontz brianko@gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 23:18:04 GMT 2021

Unfortunately, users don’t always have the time or chops to write wrappers for missing Cygwin packages or functionality. By its very nature, a Cygwin environment will always involve non-Cygwin components . In this case, the GCM-Core devs are actively working on a Cygwin solution and were able to pinpoint the cause.

I’m a developer too, just not a Cygwin dev. I know what it’s like being forced to work in a mixed environment. Whenever possible, I prefer Cygwin packages if they are available. Even then, the environment will always remain mixed. I wouldn’t report a bug I suspected was caused by the mixed environment. This wasn’t one of those situations.

Thanks for all the work you all do with Cygwin. My work would be exponentially more inefficient without Cygwin.

Brian