Another pipe-related problem?

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 17:23:21 GMT 2021

Ken Brown via Cygwin writes:

> On 11/9/2021 9:53 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
>> Back to the drawing board.
>
> It finally occurred to me to stop looking for a bug in
> fhandler_pipe::raw_read and instead see if something is in fact
> repeatedly writing to the pipe, so that drain_signal_event_pipe
> never finishes.  Putting a breakpoint at fhandler_pipe::raw_write, I
> found that this is in fact the case.  While the main thread is
> repeatedly reading from the pipe, a second thread is repeatedly
> writing to it.  Here's the backtrace of that thread:

Argh.  Thanks for the hard labour on this.  This is not a part of the
XEmacs code I have any experience of.  Is there any clue you can give
about how things changed in all the September commits to
fhandler_pipe.cc that might have exposed the XEmacs bug?

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.