cygport build injecting /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/ paths

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Nov 12 19:18:55 GMT 2021

On 11/12/2021 12:50 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Got these errors trying to build latest ncurses on my system, so retried on
> scallywag and got same result, with no clue where that is coming from!
> There are no files in the tarball, repo, or build dirs containing 7.4.0

Those paths come from /usr/bin/libtool.  There's some discussion of this issue in

   https://mingw-users.narkive.com/Mx8FQPRf/libtool-hard-coded-paths ,

which even mentions the ncurses problem.  I don't know enough about libtool to
suggest the best solution, but probably others on the list do.

Ken