[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils 1.4.16-8 (Test)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Nov 21 14:51:08 GMT 2021

On 21/11/2021 10:36, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> Denis Excoffier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>> On 2021-11-03 10:59, Mark Geisert wrote:
>>>
>>> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>> * cygutils-1.4.16-8
>>> * cygutils-extra-1.4.16-8
>>> * cygutils-x11-1.4.16-8
>>

>> The '-u' or '-d' option of getclip does not seem to work properly
>> under xterm.
>> How to reproduce:
>> 1) Open an xterm
>> 2) Select a simple piece of text (with no line ending)
>> 3) getclip -u
>> 4) Observe 'Segmentation fault(core dumped)'
>>
>> If step 2 is replaced by ‘printf AAAA | putclip', no error.
>> If step 3 is replaced by ‘getclip’, no error.
>>
>> I can’t tell whether this is new or not.
>
> It appears to be old.  An xterm selection is placed on the Windows
> clipboard in CF_UNICODETEXT format.  'getclip' can deal with this,
> 'getclip -u' and 'getclip -d' cannot; they always request CF_TEXT (i.e.,
> ANSI) format and assume they get a buffer of data.  But the formats
> don't match and there's no data supplied.  That's why the segfault occurs.

Odd... I think that Windows should convert CF_UNICODETEXT to CF_TEXT if
needed

See
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/win32/dataxchg/clipboard-formats#synthesized-clipboard-formats