zp_man-db-update-index.dash creates C:\cygwin64\%SystemDrive%

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Nov 24 19:54:25 GMT 2021

Brian Inglis writes:
> Problem mentioned by me some time ago, may be related to this, from
> undocumented mandb handling of Windows localization catalog folders:

It isn't, which could have easily been tested.

> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2018-January/235776.html
>
> which may include moving "stray cats" (also undocumented) to /
> [Cygwin] root so they get noticed and handled?

That's most likely caused by configuring the C:\ drive as the root of
Cygwin and/or additional configurations not mentioned by the OP.  You'd
have to run man-db in debugging / dry-run mode to see how it gets to the
conclusion that it should scan all those sub-directories and
sub-sub-directories in the root.  It doesn't do that by default and I am
unable to reproduce it.

Regards,
Achim.