Bitdefender detecting a file from cygwin as a trojan

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:08:07 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 20:33, Tyme LaDow via Cygwin  wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm running Windows 10 Pro v. 10.0.19042 build 19042 and I installed cygwin
> at least a year ago and haven't touched it since June 2020.  Today,
> November 25th, 2021, I got a notification from Bitdefender that it had
> detected a trojan and quarantined it.  The threat notification says "Item
> was blocked. Threat name: Trojan.GenericKDZ.80660. Path:
> C:\cygwin64\bin\dumper.exe."

That is almost certainly a false positive. Restore the file, and
submit it to virustotal.com
if you want to be safe.

Perhaps you could try upgrading too.

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler