zp_man-db-update-index.dash creates C:\cygwin64\%SystemDrive%

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Nov 29 09:52:48 GMT 2021

Brian Inglis writes:
> I'll create a new 0p_man-db-patch.dash script to add -d after mandb
> postinstall to produce diagnostic output, and get back.

Just add that flag to the already provided postinstall script.

> I previously had a patch script to add around mandb in postinstall:
>
> 	/usr/bin/nohup ... /usr/bin/mandb ... &

That doesn't work when run from setup.  The process will abort when
setup exits.

> which did not create any artifacts I believe but can not be sure of
> timing, and that could be an option for your script instead of
> cygstart?

I'm not sure why you're harping on cygstart, but if you want to avoid it
just install the package that makes the mandb update synchronous.

Regards,
Achim.