Hanging cygwin processes in Windows Server 2019

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sat Oct 2 00:04:07 GMT 2021

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 17:22:25 +0000 (UTC)
"chris.hardison--- via Cygwin" wrote:
> My cygwin install looks good and things seem to work perfectly for some time (hours or days), then a cygwin process started by a windows process that is usually a child process of a windows service written in perl will hang and then most all other cygwin processes will hang or take a very long time to return.

The relationship of the processes is not clear.
How many processes are there regarding windows service?
"a cygwin process" :  A (hangs)
"a window process" :  B (starts A)
"a child process"  :  C
"a windows service":  D (starts C)
perl program       :  E

A = C and B = D = E? (two processes)
or
B = C and D = E? (three processes)
or other than that?

If you can provide simple test case, it will help much.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>