emacs 28.0.60-1.f7e6c199bf (TEST)

David Billinghurst dbcygwin@gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:24:21 GMT 2021

On 14/10/2021 07:22, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> I have noticed one slight performance issue, which may not be related
> to Cygwin at all.
>
> After creating a keyboard macro, the first time the macro is
> used/called (^x^e), it does not start right away.  Subsequent uses are
> as fast as expected.  Could some sort of run-time compilation going on
> in the background before the keyboard macro executes the first time?
>
> As I said, this may not be related to Cygwin at all.

This is mentioned in the announcement for emacs 28.0.60-1.f7e6c199bf (TEST)

    The first few times you run Emacs, it might seem slow to start. This
    is because it is compiling the elisp libraries that are needed for
    your init file (usually .emacs).  For the same reason, you might see
    occasional pauses the first time you use a command.  But otherwise
    you should see a noticeable speed-up of Emacs.