Apache Fork Errors - Found on Windows Server 2019

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Oct 18 21:25:29 GMT 2021

On 10/18/2021 4:43 PM, OwN-3m-All via Cygwin wrote:
>> Since those are the two DLLs that are causing a problem for you, maybe
> that
>> circular dependency doesn't work well on Cygwin for some reason.  Please
> try
>> downgrading to the previous versions of harfbuzz and freetype2 and see if
> that
>> fixes the problem.
>
> That did fix the problem!  I downgraded both and restarted, and now apache
> and php works again.

Just to double check, could you upgrade harfbuzz and freetype2 again and see if
the problem comes back?  Make sure that there are no Cygwin processes running
and that the _autorebase postinstall script completes successfully.  (You can
check /var/log/setup.log.full for rebase messages.)

> Can that change be reverted or fixed so that it
> doesn't happen on future installs?

Yes, I'll revert that change if you can confirm as above that this really is the
problem.

Ken