emacs 28.0.60-1.f7e6c199bf (TEST)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 25 15:04:40 GMT 2021

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 2:14 PM Ken Brown wrote:

> On 10/18/2021 3:15 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> > Here is a macro I use quite frequently, with a line like this:
> >
> > # New Exception Call:       PD0TEST/J
> >
> > The macro consists of:
> >
> > - CTRL-A
> > - set mark
> > - CTRL-F until you get to the start of the field after Call:
> > - CTRL-W to delete the selected text
> > - CTRL-N to go to the start of the next line
> >
> > After the macro is defined, there is a pause the next (first) time it's
> > used (C-x C-e).  It's speedy after that.
>
> You mean 'C-x e', not 'C-x C-e', right?
>
> I just inserted several lines like
>
> # New Exception Call:       PD0TEST/J
>
> into the *scratch* buffer and defined your keyboard macro.  I didn't notice any
> delay the first time I ran it.  Might there be some other conditions necessary
> to reproduce the problem?  Is the mode of the buffer relevant?  Can you
> reproduce the problem starting from 'emacs -Q'?

Sorry, Ken. I should have mentioned that I have this version of
csv-mode installed.  It *is* compiling, so I don't know why subsequent
uses pause when using a newly-defined macro:

    https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/csv-mode.html

Having said all this, today I'm not seeing the problem.  So maybe
something was going awry with the macro compile.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us