Possible phantom control-key state moving from windows to cygwin

Eric Adams ericbadams@gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 02:36:38 GMT 2022

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 7:46 PM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 19:17:50 -0600
> Eric Adams wrote:
> > Hi, and thanks for all the wonderful work.
> >
> > I have noticed "recently" that when I move from using a graphical
> > windows application (e.g. VeraCrypt) to typing in a cygwin mintty
> > window, the first character typed may think that the control key is
> > active. This is often not a problem, unless the first character typed
> > is a "d". I'm running tcsh as my shell.
> >
> > Let me know if I can add more information.
>
> Is the problem reproducible with other apps than VeraCrypt?
>
> --
> Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

I believe I've seen it with multiple windows applications -- I know I
caught VeraCrypt today. It's not 100%, and I haven't determined a
pattern.

At this point, I'm just asking people to remember this if they see
strange things.

Thanks.