emacs-everywhere

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 15:36:12 GMT 2022

Eliot Moss writes:

> It does occur to me, however, that if I am willing to run
> Thunderbird from WSL, this all might work more or less out of the
> box.  But the stumbling block at present is the lack of xdotool that
> can be invoked by emacsclient to start an emacs-everywhere pop-up
> window.  Unless someone with deeper knowledge of emacs /
> emacs-everywhere or of X innards can suggest another way to do that.

Not sure if this is any help, but I gave up on xdotool some time ago,
as bugs are not getting fixed and I don't have the X chops to fix
them.

Similar and in many ways easier to use is pyautogui:

  https://pypi.org/project/PyAutoGUI/

It has worked well for me in cases where I used to use xdotool.

Your mileage may vary...

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.