Too many level of symbolic links (still have problem with sbmfs network drives)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Tue Mar 8 23:52:13 GMT 2022

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:32:51 -0500
Philippe Debanne wrote:
> sorry for the delay.  I don't manage the server in question, so I can't
> call 'smbstatus' directly on it, but if it's any indication of version
> there is a path :
>
> /usr/share/doc/samba-4.10.16/
>
> Also, attached is the /etc/smb.conf file, somewhat redacted.

I installed CentOS 7 with samba 4.10.16, and add following
section to /etc/samba/smb.conf which is similar section to
one in smb.conf you had provided.

[share$]
	comment = Test share
	path = /home/share
	valud users = @yano
	force group = yano
	read only = No
	create mask 0660
	directory mask = 0770

However, the issue could not be reproduced.

If I provide you with a test cygwin1.dll that outputs debug
messages, can you try it out?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>