alternatives-1.3.30c-10 has download errors - tried many Mirror sites

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:50:56 GMT 2022

On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 10:24, Knappe III, Edmond via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> CYGWIN,
>
> In trying to install CYGWIN today, I am getting a Download Error on the
> required "alternatives-1.3.30c-10 package".  Since this is a REQUIRED package,
> I am unable to continue.  I have tried multiple Mirror sites and get the
> same Download Error with this package.

WFM
I just reinstalled the alternatives-1.3.30c-10 package after removing
the cached alternatives files. The install worked successfully using
https://mirrors.kernel.org as the mirror site. I used cygwin setup
2.917 (64 bit).

1. Use cygwin setup 2.917 (64 bit).
2. Shutdown all cygwin processes before running setup. This includes
any background servers and services.
3. Check that the internet proxy settings are correct.
4. Verify that other packages can be installed, and that all available
updates have been installed.

Doug
alternatives maintainer

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com