Too many level of symbolic links (still have problem with sbmfs network drives)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sat Mar 12 02:36:48 GMT 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:09:30 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 09:58:40 +0900
> Takashi Yano wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:16:29 -0500
> > Philippe Debanne wrote:
> > > Yes OK, you can send me the DLL, I will test it in the next couple of days.
> >
> > Thanks for your cooperation. I have just sent you cygwin1.dll
> > for the test. Please test it and let me know the resulted
> > debug messages.
>
> I received the debug messages and understood what is happening.
> I added a workaround for this issue, so could you please test
> the cygwin1.dll with the workaround patch, and let me know the
> test result?
>
> I will send you the patched cygwin1.dll shortly.

The problem was that GetDosDeviceW() returns unexpected string such as
"\Device\Mup\DfsClient\;Z:000000000003fb89\dfsserver\dfs\linkname"
for the mounted UNC path:
"\??\UNC\fileserver\share"
.

This happens when UNC path for DFS is mounted to a drive with drive letter.

Therefore, I would like to propose a workaround patch attached.
I will appreciate any comments for the patch.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>