this must be a common problem, but repeated searching is not finding an answer

Clayton Cramer clayton@claytoncramer.com
Sat Mar 19 18:15:35 GMT 2022

Running bc by itself gave the same error message.

Just in case that bc was not part of cygwin, I deleted it and reran the
install.  It did not seem to have bc listed as a component to install.
My PATH is now:

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/OpenSSH:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/NVIDIA Corporation/NVIDIA NvDLISR:/cygdrive/c/Program Files
(x86)/Emacs/i686/bin:.:$HOME/bin:/cygdrive/c/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Users/clayt/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps

If bc is not in cygwin, what should I use to get a version for Windows?
Or do I need to roll my own?

--
“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”