Adding an embedded signature on setup-x86_64.exe

Dale McCoy dalestan@gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:15:04 GMT 2022

I use Cygwin in the course of work, and while I can use the external gpg
signature to verify the validity of setup-x86_64.exe, my IT department
can't see that step. They get somewhat concerned when they see that Windows
thinks setup-x86_64.exe is unsigned, and I certainly don't blame them.
Can I convince you to also embed a signature in the installer, so Windows
recognizes the file is signed?

I couldn't find a previous request on the mailing list for this, but I may
have missed it in my attempts to grep the monthly digests.

Thanks,
Dale McCoy