[EXTERNAL] dig and host don't work in IPv6

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Sat Jul 29 14:26:29 GMT 2023


> Sorry...  Did you try using the -d option to see what DNS servers these commands try to actually connect to (and time out, eventually).

No help unfortunately.

$ host -d6 cygwin.com
Trying "cygwin.com"
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

> (strace can help as well, I think.)

Posted at https://pastebin.com/XWwxJ41b. I'm not able to make much sense of it,
except that on line 1339, I waited almost 5 seconds for sendmsg:

4964291 6958349 [isc-worker0000] host 20999 cygwin_sendmsg: 28 = sendmsg(20,
0x7FFDFC830, 0x0)

Thanks for taking a look. I'm looking at other options in resolv.conf, but
haven't found anything useful.

I can't find any documention of the osquery option. This answer[1] says
"res_init() uses the Windows resolver if either /etc/resolv.conf does not exist,
or /etc/resolv.conf contains options osquery." Doesn't help in this case though.

Andrew

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10523828/how-does-gcc-cygwin-get-the-dns-server



More information about the Cygwin mailing list