Getting return code "127" after execution of program

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Fri Jun 2 12:42:09 GMT 2023

On 6/2/2023 5:58 AM, rajesh kesavan via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are Trying to execute a program like ./sample.exe on 64 bit Cygwin. This
> executable is built with CMake on Cygwin 64 bit.
> The Program is not throwing any error or success details. it simply comes
> out from the running screen without any error and success states.
> and we checked output status using "*$?*" It returns "*127*" output.

A wondering: Is the program's main declared to return an int, and does
it explicitly return 0?

(I also don't think you needed to include all those lists in your
original post; cygwin@cygwin.com would be enough for now, so I have
trimmed other lists from my response.)

Eliot Moss