[ERROR] msgget() "Function not implmented" Error : Cygwin

Yeo Kai Wei yeokaiwei@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 11:56:20 GMT 2023

Hi Corinna,

Thank you for the help.

I tried following the instructions on
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygserver.html#start-cygserver

There was a line, "Before you run Cygserver for the first time, you
should run the /usr/bin/cygserver-config script once."

I googled for some instructions and it said to use "cygserver-config" in
the Cygwin terminal.

I did it and the following is the reply from the terminal.

*Without admin privileges*

"$ cygserver-config
Generating /etc/cygserver.conf file
chown: changing ownership of '/etc/cygserver.conf': Permission denied

Warning: The following function requires administrator privileges!

Do you want to install cygserver as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes
/usr/bin/cygserver-config: line 181: cygrunsrv: command not found

Installation of cygserver as service failed.  Please check the
error messages you got.  They might give a clue why it failed.

A good start is either you don't have administrator privileges
or a missing cygrunsrv binary.  Please check for both."

*With admin privileges*
"$ cygserver-config
Overwrite existing /etc/cygserver.conf file? (yes/no) yes
Generating /etc/cygserver.conf file

Warning: The following function requires administrator privileges!

Do you want to install cygserver as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes
/usr/bin/cygserver-config: line 181: cygrunsrv: command not found

Installation of cygserver as service failed.  Please check the
error messages you got.  They might give a clue why it failed.

A good start is either you don't have administrator privileges
or a missing cygrunsrv binary.  Please check for both."

May I ask what I should do next?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

YEO Kai Wei

P.S. How do you convert to using POSIX message queues in Cygwin?