[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.925)
Sun Mar 5 14:00:36 GMT 2023
A new version of Setup (2.925) has been uploaded to:
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.924:
- Show a deprecation warning for Windows 6.1 and 6.2
Show a warning if we're running on a Windows version for which support
was deprecated in Cygwin 3.4 (with removal planned in Cygwin 3.5, later
this year) i.e:
Windows 6.1 (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2)
Windows 6.2 (Windows 8, Windows Server 2012).
- Ignore attempts to select the reinstall action, if the installed
version is not accessible (e.g. reinstall is run from local directory
but the package is no longer cached) (thanks to Christian Franke)
- Add an '(x86_64)' suffix to start menu folders names when installing
x86_64 Cygwin on some other architecture (e.g ARM64).
- Various fixes around "All Users/"Just For Me" (thanks to Christian
Franke for investigating these problems):
-- Fix a long-standing bug (since 2012), where installed files are owned
by the user's primary group, rather than the Adminstrators group, when
installing for "All Users".
-- We no longer change group back to the user's primary group while
running postinstall scripts, when installing for "All Users". This was
only for the benefit of mkgroup/mkpasswd being run by the postinstall
script, which we don't do any more.
-- Fix "Just For Me" being ignored, when run with Admininstrator privileges
-- Fix "All Users" being selectable but basically ineffectual, when not
run with Admininstrator privileges
- Fix a bug in handling (documented, but as yet unused) 'Source:' lines
- Add an experimental zn_CN GUI translation, contributed via weblate by
Xiang Heng Wei
- Various internal fixes to Unicode handling in GUI to support that.
Replies to this message are not the place for setup feature requests.
For instructions on obtaining and building the source code for setup,
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
More information about the Cygwin