MC bug (to Marco Atzeri)

Dan Pejchar dan.pejchar@gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:10:28 GMT 2023

Hi,

I am a linux user but I have to use windows sometimes and I would love to
use the midnight commander in my terminal, but there is a bug which doesn't
really allow me to use it. I am using it on Windows 10 and when I change
the directory in the mc, it only changes in the mc window, but when I press
CTRL+O it stays in the same directory. And when I press CTRL+O it doesn't
return to the previously opened directory. I will do a steps to reproduce
list below. Also it is sometimes very slow when changing directories.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open mc by running the command mc
2. Go to another directory by selecting it and pressing enter
3. press CTRL+O
4. Do run ls

Expected behaviour: I should be in the directory I have changed to in mc
previously
Actual behaviour: I am still in the home directory in which I was, when I
started mc

My mc version:
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.29
Built with GLib 2.54.3
Built with S-Lang 2.3.3 with terminfo database
Built with libssh2 1.10.0
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
With ext2fs attributes support
Virtual File Systems:
 cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ext2undelfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish
Data types:
 char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Just for clarity, I am talking about this package
https://www.cygwin.com/packages/summary/mc.html .

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Dan Pejchar