ConTeXt no longer available on Cygwin

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:56:49 GMT 2023

As I mentioned in the announcement of TeX Live 2023, there has been a
major change in ConTeXt; see

   https://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html

Briefly, ConTeXt development has been moved out of TeX Live into a
separate project.  Unfortunately, the maintainer of that project decided
to remove Cygwin support, so I cannot easily provide a context binary.
One Cygwin user of ConTeXt complained upstream, to no avail.

At some point I will probably remove the texlive-collection-context
package, which is now useless.  But I am waiting to see how other
distros are going to deal with this change.

If you will be greatly inconvenienced by the absence of a context
binary, please let me know by replying to this message.  There may or
may not be anything I can do about it.

Ken