Setup: How to automate source download for packages already installed?

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Mar 27 20:55:38 GMT 2023

On 27/03/2023 21:18, Bill Stewart via Cygwin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 6:32 AM Jon Turney wrote:
>
>> If a package is listed for both -x and -P, it is reinstalled, so while
>> not ideal, you might be able to achieve something like what you want
>> with 'setup -I -x "package1,package2,package3" -P
>> "package1,package2,package3"'
>>
>> An option which explicitly just installs the source for a specified
>> package might be useful.
>>

> It seems that
>
> --local-install -x "package[,...]" -P "package[,...]"
>
> ...no longer works to automate source download for packages already
> installed...
>
> Is there another workaround? (Or did I miss something obvious?)

Sorry, based on the previous discussion at [1] this seems to be broken
at the moment, due to '-x' being broken.

[1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2023-February/252994.html

If you really need this, please try old setup versions from [2].  If you
discover which version it got broken in, and/or work out how to fix it,
please let us know.

[2] https://cygwin.com/setup/