How to remove "Priveleged Server" as default UAC prompt?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Mar 29 09:36:30 GMT 2023

Greetings, WyntrHeart!

> I installed the Cron daemon running under the cyg_server account,

Why? Should be installed under LocalSystem user.

> and now whenever Windows 10 gives me a UAC prompt it defaults to asking for the
> password for "privileged server" and I have to manually click to change it
> to my PIN entry every time. This is extremely annoying and slows down what
> would otherwise be very fast interactions. Is there a way to revert this
> behavior without uninstalling Cron and/or the cyg_server account? And if I
> run Cron under my own username (I have admin rights, but UAC is enabled)
> will it be able to automate actions that require admin privileges?

Not to my knowledge. Use system scheduler to automate system tasks.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...