half- and full-width CJK characters
Thomas Wolff
towo@towo.net
Sat Oct 7 08:48:29 GMT 2023
Am 07/10/2023 um 10:23 schrieb Dr Bean via Cygwin:
> I am memorializing this for my own benefit here.
>
> Benefitting from https://eng-blog.iij.ad.jp/archives/12576
> I see that I don't need to change any envars, but only fonts.
>
> The default Lucida Console font renders CJK as half-width chars, on
> this PC with 3 Windows language packs.
>
> With MS ゴシック, Japanese かな and 漢字 look good.
> Traditional Chinese ㄅㄛˋㄆㄛˋㄇㄛˋand 漢字 look good.
> Korean 한글 doesn't look good. It looks like they're
> half-width characters drawn with the space for one full-width
> character.
>
> I wonder if this is a problem with the Korean language pack.
>
Please describe the context of your observations (preferably a test
case); do you have an issue inside the Cygwin Terminal?
Thomas
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list